Saturday, February 16, 2008

Is there a good health insurance for college students


Is there a good health insurance for college students?
I am a sophomore in college and have not had health or dental insurance since I was a little girl. I can't be on my mom's insurance cause the price will sky rocket. I have a part time job so I don't get health benefits at work. Is there some type of health insurance that has good coverage but also doesn't cost too much since I don't make too much?
Insurance - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've never had any sort of insurance before either and I'm not sure how the insurance would work where you live but I'll use my own as an example. I have all-type insurance (same amount for loss of life, limbs, eyes etc) of a £7,500 ($11,868) payout to give you an idea.
2 :
ask in student services at school. local community college here used to have such a program for any student under age 25 -- at least as far as medical goes. dental? less likely.
3 :
In some states, there is no "health insurance that ... doesn't cost too much", period. In some states, all health insurance, for everyone, costs "too much". In other states, there is health insurance for someone your age that does not cost too much. However, it is not specifically for college students; it is for anyone your age who lives there and meets the medical criteria, whether or not they are a college student. Finally, some, but not all, colleges offer their own insurance, which may or may not "cost too much", depending on what that particular college offers. There is good health insurance for college students who attend colleges with good health insurance or live in states with good health insurance. There is not good health insurance for college students who attend colleges without good health insurance and live in states without good health insurance. Try asking this again with the name of the state where you live, the name of the college, and your age.
4 :
The cheapest way, really is on mom's insurance. There is no "cheap" coverage that's good. The better the coverage, the more it costs. And most likely, your school has a limited health plan that you can sign on to.


Read more discussions :