Thursday, December 16, 2010

What are qualifying events to add dependents to health insurance


What are qualifying events to add dependents to health insurance?
I recently enrolled in United Health Care insurance through my employer. The open enrollment has ended and I just found out my son has lost his insurance due to my change in income( to much overtime). I live with my son and my girlfriend( his mother) and was wondering if I could add him now after open enrollment because he lost his coverage? Or if I marry my girlfriend would I be able to add them both?
Other - Health - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
based on your condition,I believe you should find something useful here.http://health-insurance.expert-tip.info/health-insurance-for-free.htm
2 :
Getting married, even common law, is a qualifying event. If your son had Medicare or Medicaid, that too is a qualifying event. See link below to the full text of the law. Don http://mtnhealthinsurance.com
3 :
You’ll need to talk to your Human Resources representative to find out if this may be considered a qualifying event. Loss of coverage often is considered a qualifying event, but this can vary from one plan to another and one employer to another. If you learn that you can’t add your son to your health insurance plan, you may want to consider purchasing an individual health insurance policy for your son. Depending on his age, health, and where you live, you may have some surprisingly affordable options. Talk to a licensed agent or visit an online agency like eHealthInsurance.com, where I work, to get free quotes and see what’s available. You can reach one of our licensed agents by phone at 1-800-977-8860. Best, Amir M, licensed agent

Read more discussions :