Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What health insurance options do I have while I'm going to college


What health insurance options do I have while I'm going to college?
I will only be working part-time while going to college so I will not have health benefits. What options are available? I'm an older adult, so I will not be on my parents insurance. Also does it matter if I am attending a community or technical college? I plan to start at a community college, then transfer to a university.
Other - General Health Care - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
most college and universities offer health services to students. It depends on the school you will be going to and what they offer. you should contact them or look on their website to see what they offer.
2 :
Try to get coverage through your school first. If you cannot get it through your school, and you don't have any serious pre-existing conditions that might disqualify you from individual coverage, apply for individual coverage through a broker (insurance agent) or directly from the insurance company of your choice. Also, some part-time jobs do offer limited health insurance benefits. You could try to get a second part-time job for a few hours a week just for the insurance. You should do anything you can to avoid the dreaded "gap of coverage."
3 :
health-quotes.talk4fun.net - my family have this health insurance. It is affordable and has good coverage for dental issues.
4 :
If you are under age 24 you can stay on parents insurance. New Obama law. Hope it takes effect now. The college always has a health center. Otherwise, you go to a local community or public health clinic for help. Your being a student has nothing to do with insurance except if you purchase a policy, you may get a discount for that. If you are under 21 insurance is cheaper.


Read more discussion :