Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What to do if your application for health insurance coverage is denied due to lower back issues


What to do if your application for health insurance coverage is denied due to lower back issues?
I was denied new health insurance coverage in May 2007 because of lower back pain in January 2007 for which I received physical therapy. I have had continuous health insurance coverage for more than 2 years with no history of back ailments. If I reapply again now (for coverage starting in September), am I likely to be denied again? Is there anything I can do about it? My group coverage through work is very costly, and I'd prefer to have a more affordable plan.
Other - General Health Care - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
insurance companies rule the world. there's nothing you can do. i'm sorry!
2 :
Go to Cuba. Health care companies are there to make a profit. I'm also frustrated myself. If you do an internet search for independent coverage in your area that might work. Something like Kaiser Permanante offers it. I have health ins. offered through a local hospital and my employer doesn't pay, I pick up all the premiums and it's really quite affordable and a good plan. Good luck to you!
3 :
Depending upon your state, many companies will decline if you've had any back problems in the past 5 years. Visit a local independent agent. This person can contact the underwriters for you to see if any will accept you. Some companies may accept you but put a rider on any back problems. This means they won't cover anything that has to do with or is a result of the back problems. Some companies may cover after 1 year. The agent can find out for you.


Read more discussions :