Sunday, May 16, 2010

What type of health insurance is best for me


What type of health insurance is best for me?
So, I'm a 25 year old individual, I'm about to graduate soon and I live in MI. I'm just learning about health insurance and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what you think would be the best type of insurance for my situation. I plan on staying here in the UP for a while bar-tending and not utilizing my degree just yet. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it, thanks....This is all new and confusing to me.
Insurance - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
As a consultant specializing in insurance, here's my recommendation: 1. Find a high deductible plan that has a health savings account (HSA) component. The HSA should be funded fully each year. It's tax free money, and it can be used to pay medical expenses TAX FREE. Did I mention it was TAX FREE? 2. The high deductible should be about $3,000. That should save you about $250 / month in premiums. And if you take that $250 / month, and put it into your HSA, you will have $3,000 in your bank account TAX FREE. 3. The high deductible plan should be a preferred provider organization or "PPO" plan. That allows you to see any doctor or go to any hospital in the world, if necessary. (It makes a difference if you're travelling to a different state or a foreign country.) I'd recommend a lifetime maximum of at least $2 million. 4.You can compare many health insures rates at your site here http://top-usa-health-insurance-comparator.blogspot.com/ Best Wishes
2 :
Go see an insurance broker that handles individual health plans. He/she can give you some alternate plans and costs to consider. It doesn't cost anything to ask. Stay away from internet sites.
3 :
Visit a local agent that works with all of the major companies in your area. The agent can find the best plan for your situation and budget. They can explain what you get and, more importantly, what you don't get with the plan. There is no extra charge using an agent. Do not click on any links supplied here unless you want to be either spammed or scammed.
4 :
Three great answers are here. Sorry, but health insurance is not my speciality.



Read more discussions :