Saturday, April 16, 2011

Is there a good pet health insurance out there


Is there a good pet health insurance out there?
My husband and I recently took in a boxer mix. I think he may be about a year old. We dont know if he has had shots or anything. We are a low income family but, our girls really love this dog so giving him up is out of the question. We can barely afford our health costs let alone a dog. If you know of a good cheap but reliable health insurance policy or carrier let me know.
Dogs - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sainsburys or tesco or argos are good.or dearer one is pet plan thats the best
2 :
Hi, When I brought my thirteen month Bouvier home ( she was twelve weeks) I decided to go with Vetinsurance. They have been very good in paying me quickly and easy to get in touch of if needed. I would definitly get insurance with a boxer cross. Boxers are predisposed to sudden death syndrome due to cardiac arrythmias. Buying the dog is the cheapest part of dog ownership. Good luck. Neva
3 :
Yes there is good pet insurance out there you should to petco or petsmart these are affordable and they don't cost a lot.
4 :
I quess I would consider pet health insurance but it could be expensive if you don't use it like for an operation or something that might cost a lot we just work with our vet were low income also we usually put money aside for up coming appointments or if its a hard time our vet lets us make payments hes a wonderful vet and hes doesn't charge an arm and leg. our dogs love him to, his heart is in it not his pocket book I would say finding a good vet would be the answer one that works with you and your animals needs I would NEVER bring my pet to petco or petsmart for any health concern that was of importance look up some of the things they say about their health care on the Internet ITS TERRIBLE
5 :
yes but it normally only covers accidents, read the policy carefully, normally its a rip off
6 :
The best health insurance for your pet is going to be assuring that his immune system is maintained at its peak. You accomplish that by keeping his Glutathione levels high. Glutathione is his body's Master Antioxidant, his Immune Booster and his Detoxifier. It accomplishes this at the cellular level throughout his entire body. Feel free to visit my group forum called Pets Cell Health in yahoo groups or you can e-mail me directly at immunocal4life@gmail.com I can provide you all the info you need so as to accomplish this for your pet. Tom Perez Nutraceutical Consultant
7 :
I have VPI, Veterinary Pet Insurance. It has been very helpful for one of my dogs, who has had many health issues over the past several years. It does not pay all the costs, but it helps with just about everything. There is a $50 deductible per illness. They have limits and so you will pay the difference out of pocket. How much you pay out of pocket depends on how expensive your vet is. I have the Premium coverage and would recommend that. In my experience, most vets want their money at the time of service, are not willing to reduce costs of take payments. My vets demand payment at the time of service, then VPI reimburses me for at least part of the costs. If you have a more agreeable vet, you can have the insurance paid directly to them and then pay the balance later. I wouldn't be without it! You never know when you will need it. My one dog has cost a fortune in vet bills and it has been very helpful to have the insurance. Additionally, I am finding that when faced with long term medications, I can save money by searching the web for sources other than my vet's office.


Read more discussions :