Saturday, February 4, 2012

Will health insurance cover my pregnancy if hubby and I purchase it now and get pregnant in 2 months


Will health insurance cover my pregnancy if hubby and I purchase it now and get pregnant in 2 months?
My hubby and I are wanting to start trying for a baby really soon, but are scared that the health insurance we purchase now won't cover it. Were looking to go thru Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. We would like to pay for health insurance without getting on Medicaid. Any experiences? Suggestions? Thanks.
Pregnancy - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can call and ask. That is the best way to tell. I know that Blue Cross is a great insurance company. I know that there are insurance companies that will cover you if you are already pregnant and sign up. I suggest you call and ask.
2 :
all insurance companies are different so you'll have to call them and ask if there is a waiting period. Some insurance companies make you wait a certain amount of time before they will cover you good luck =)
3 :
The best thing you can do is look into the fine print at the insurance companies. Most have a 60-90 day period they want before becoming pregnant, like alot of the disability insurances you can get to cover additional maturnity leave. The only way to know for SURE is to look it up on their sites or as their representatives. People here will give u what I did, a "most" or "might" type response. Better to be safe than sorry.
4 :
Not our Anthem BC & BS. My wife & I had to buy a rider of $71 extra per month for pregnancy. There a was a 6 month limitations on it. If she were to get pregnant within the first 6 months, they would NOT cover it.
5 :
You will have to ask directly. Many companies have a waiting period to cover something like that.
6 :
Yes, generally medical plans consider pregnancy a preexisting condition so you will want to buy the policy well in advance before getting pregnant. However, if you are already pregnant and buy the policy it will probably be excluded. There may be an exception, but that is not likely. Please be absolutely sure you read the policy you are going to buy and look out for any exclusions or limitations regarding pregnancy so you are well informed and are able to make a good decision. Hope this helps.




Read more discussions :