Thursday, March 1, 2012

Do salon's offer health insurance if you work for them as a cosmetologist


Do salon's offer health insurance if you work for them as a cosmetologist?
I'm currently looking into going to Cosmetology school at the Aveda Institute. I currently have a job that pays 70 percent of my health insurance and i have dental also.
I know it is hard to get affordable health insurance these days and I'm hoping some salons offer it.
Hair - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
NO! As a cosmetologist or a barber you are considered self employed and have to pay for your own and it is very expensive I mean you may find a few but I have never heard of any!. The way they get around paying benefits is you arent considered an employee but you are renting a booth with in their salon .
2 :
legally, if a business employs full time workers they must offer benefits
3 :
Some do, Some don't, It just depends on the Salon..Like a Regis salon(Or a salon under a big comany like that.) Would.




Read more discussions :