Sunday, March 1, 2009

Health insurance


Health insurance?
My job shut down and I lost my health insurance! I have a pre-existing condition called histoplasmosis. I got health insurance that covered me for 5 doctor visits a year but it won't cover for the tests I have to take on my lungs! Please help me if you know of any insurance that I can get to help me!
Other - Health - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
but if you are already having an existing illness, the procedure can be quite difficult and complicated as the insurance company will ask lots of questions. suggest to you to ask your doctor to write your report better and not to write too bad... Good LUck!!
2 :
Histoplasmosis will result in a decline with most insurance companies in my area. Those that will insure you will not cover your pre-existing condition at all. It sounds like you have a basic indemnity policy, which is probably the best thing you can get. Your only other options are to get on another employer sponsored group plan or contact Medicaid. Depending upon what state you live in you might be able to qualify as Medically Needy even if your income is higher than the state guidelines.
3 :
Did you have a lapse in coverage for more than 60 days? If the answer is no...then you need to send into your new insurance company a HIPAA certificate of crediable coverage..........as long as you had coverage for more than 1 year on the previous policy you won't have pre-existing on your new policy. If your answer was yes....then you will have coverage for your pre-existing medical issues after you've had coverage for 1 year. It's a FEDERAL Mandate that prohibits a company from completely freezing out your medical condition for more than one year. I hope this helps!
4 :
Your best bet is for you, or if you married, for your spouse to obtain employment and regain your Insurance through your employer. This way you won't get denied for pre-existing conditions.
5 :
You may have several options: 1. If you are married this would be considered as a qualifying event for you to be added on to your spouses plan 2. You can find another job that offers insurance; keep in mind it may or may not have pre-x clause. 3. If you are unemployed and are needing medical attention, you should contact the Human Services Dept. in your area and see what types of programs are offered like medicaid; some state offer low cost insurance as well through government funding, for this the Human Services Dept. is your best bet.


Read more discussions :