Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What is the best health insurance for me


What is the best health insurance for me?
I'm still under my parents med. insurance, but I know when I turn 19 they're health insurance providers will say that I can't legally be under my parents anymore.
(I know this because they did the same thing to my older brother and sister. But my sister is still under it because she's a full time student in college and my bro. is still under it cause he has a mental disability) I don't know what I'll do after that though. My parents said that even though I have a job of my own, if I find the best health insurance for me they'll pay for it until I move out. I don't have any true health problems only acne and acid reflux. Please give me an idea of a cheap but reliable health insurance plan that would best fit my needs. (Thanks)
Other - General Health Care - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First I would recommend going to college. You will be extended on your parent's plan until you're 22, and you'll greatly increase your chances of landing a better job with equally better benefits once you graduate. Until then, since it sounds like you're fairly healthy and have no kids, a PPO with any trusted insurance company should be fine. You can pick any doctor and pay around $20 for a copay. If you had children I would recommend an HMO because they have better benefits for the mothers and pay for almost all of the kid's first shots etc.
2 :
Ask your Mom & Dad to let you go by/call the insurance agent that has the plan that you're on. Tell the insurance company your story, and I'll bet they can help you out.
3 :
You will get the best rates through an employer. They insure more people so they get special rates. Otherwise you need to seek out insurance agents who deal with a broad spectrum of companies. Alot of what you will be able to afford will be based on many factors. . . 1. How much your deductible is. . the higher the deductible,the lower the monthly premium. 2. Pre exsisting conditions. 3.Some companies require health exams. 4.Habits such as smoking,drinking,doing drugs. 5.Have you ever been hospitalized for depression/suicidal tendencies etc Group policies help to alleviate these conditons in most cases.
4 :
First of all, where do you live? Believe it or not, your geographic location plays a big part of what you pay and what government programs may be able to help you pay for insurance such as Medicaid. There is a list of simple questions you should be asking yourself...one of the best references that I have found is the book "Healthcare for Less" by Michelle Katz. She nor only has great tips, but websites that are fantastic listed in the book. I heard her on "Oprah and Friends" the other day and her advice was great and simple...I bout the book at Barnes and Noble for about $15, but you can get it on Amazon a lot cheaper....I am getting this book as a gift for a few of my relatives for the holidays!
5 :
Besides insurance, if you are on your own, look into a discount medical program such as the one below. It will save you money everytime you go to a doctor and works with insurance coverages well.


Read more discussions :